Monday, May 26, 2014

New tools!

We got our latest order from KW Cages this week.  A new scale so we can weigh our bunnies and our wool, a blower to groom them with, and a tattoo kit for new babies in the fall.  It was plenty warm out today but the rabbits needed grooming so we tried out the new blower.

The girls seemed to like it right away so I just held them on Drew's lap while he blew out all the hay and debris from their wool.  Antonio was another story so I held him while Drew blew him out.  I had Drew take a picture.


It's pretty powerful and they looked good when we were done.  Unfortunately, Antonio had matted up quite a bit on his underside so I spent 20 minutes working out mats.  At first, he was opposed to being on his back, but eventually he relaxed and lay quietly.  It was pretty bad but I got a new tool!  I read about it on another rabbit owner's website.  It's a Safari Mat Remover for dogs and, boy, does it work slick.


It's got curved blades and you can just work it into the mat, turn it, and gently pull it apart.  There was quite a bit of wool debris when we were finished.


Yesterday, I planted a few containers with herbs and greens for the bunnies, in hopes of supplementing what we buy.


After planting two kinds of parsley, mustard, and a mesclun lettuce variety pack, I hosed down the poop trays and swept out the enclosure.  A job well done, which deserved a beer.  Which I had, sitting in that reclining lawn chair you can see in the background. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment