Sunday, August 3, 2014

Moving out of Mom's House

Today is weaning day for Breeze and Grace!  We put wheels on their cage and then tattooed their ears.  These are our first attempts at tattoos and, boy, did the tattoos turn out bad!  I rolled the bunnies up in towels and had Drew hold them.  I warned him that they were NOT going to like this procedure but nothing prepared him for the wriggling and writhing so I may just say that the tattoos look great for someone who did them blindfolded. :-)  I do have quite a lot of tattoo ink under my left thumbnail, which will teach me to wear gloves next time.


It was another hot day so we provided everyone with ceramic tiles from the freezer and frozen water bottles to lie against.


I also shot a short video to mark the occasion.  I forgot the video function only works on the horizontal so the very first part is sideways.


We will move one of them out to her own cage in a couple of weeks, once they get used to being away from Mom.  That's how we did it with Cherry and Lizzie when they first got here and it seemed to work out OK.   Besides, I think Drew is tired of putting together cages right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment