Sunday, June 14, 2015

Busy Sunday afternoon!

Today we finally tried out our German clippers.  We gave Ray and Grace haircuts to cope with the summer heat.  Since I didn't have a clue what I was doing, I didn't try to get good wool, I just experimented with the clippers to see how to do it.

Ray's before picture

Ray's after picture

Hard to see the difference, right?  One, I was afraid to get too close to the skin and nick him and two, he had some matting that the clippers couldn't go through so I had to cut with scissors.  He should look more like this:


I will continue to practice and see if I can't get a smoother cut.  

Then we tattooed the babies' ears.  I have no idea if the tattoos will be readable.  The cordless tattoo pen is supposed to be pretty easy but I think the kind that you just squeeze into the ear with movable type would be clearer and involve less wriggling.  We did wrap them up in towels but it's hard to know how tight to hold such little critters without hurting them.

Finally, we washed all the food and water bowels and put out fresh frozen ceramic tiles to beat the heat and came in for a much needed shower and cold beverage.


Faith forgave us right away for poking her in the ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment