Thursday, June 25, 2015

One baby, all alone


Cherry gave birth to a single kit sometime in late afternoon/early evening on June 23.  She left it out in the middle of the floor so Drew put the baby in the nest that Cherry had prepared three or four days before.  We decided to name it Robin, in honor of Robin Williams, an actor we sadly miss, who was also an only child.  Robin can be a male or female name so we thought it would be appropriate either way.

When I came home in the evening, Robin felt very cool to my touch so I found a box of wool I had clipped from Cherry a while ago and I chopped it up into small pieces with my scissors and filled the nest with more wool.  Cherry had pulled very little.  In the morning, when I checked on the kit, it felt warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment